Repairs, reel servicing & rod building from (ex) Trafford Angling Supplies longest serving staff member Dave,

with over 25 years in the industry, and creator of the TBR2 Barbel Tripod.

Tuesday 8 September 2015

Century Spod Rod butt ring repair part 2 . . . . . . . . . . . .

The finished article . . . . . . . .

After applying the epoxy over a couple of coats to build it up, the final finishing coat is applied and watched carefully while it dries to the point where it can be left for a couple of hours spinning away happily without the danger of losing shape, some Century rods are done with a very (over-thick in my opinion) thick application of resin which although it may look 'nice', is a bit heavy and unnecessary in reality.

Personally I prefer a compromise on the thickness between the extremes of the likes of Daiwa  (not enough) to Century (too much) and I generally do my builds and personal rods in 2 'decent' thickness coats. But anyway, I digress . . . . . .  the finished ring ....



2 comments:

  1. Dave just did 2 first class... In fact world class repairs, on my beloved Tri-Cast feeder rods.
    I was reluctant to have any work done on them because they are my favourite rods.
    The first rod he to take off an eye that was twisted, straighten it, rewhip it and then coat it.
    the second rod required rewhipping on the end joints and coating.
    When I seen them the only thing that came to my mind was, "OMG - What a job!!!". If he would od done them half as good I would of been over the moon but, he not only did them as perfect as possible, they actually looked better than the original finish on the other rings.

    I would highly recommend Dave to anyone that needs any kind on repair doing to precious rods and reels. I have his number safely stored in my phone should I need anything doing again.

    Thanks Dave
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Les, your review is very much appreciated, thank you for taking the time to add a comment. Regards. Dave

    ReplyDelete